(borrowed from a T-shirt, but I love it!)
How does a homeschooler change a lightbulb?
- First, mom checks three books on electricity out of the library. The kids make models of light bulbs, read the biography of Thomas Edison, and do a skit based on his life.
- Then, everyone studies the history of lighting methods, wrapping up with dipping their own candles.
- Next, everyone takes a trip to the store where they compare types of light bulbs, as well as prices, and figure out how much change they’ll get back if they buy two bulbs for $1.99 and pay with a $5 bill.
- On the way home, a discussion develops over the history of money and also Abraham Lincoln, as his picture is on the $5 bill.
- Finally, after building a homemade ladder out of branches dragged from the woods, the light bulb is installed.
- And there is light!